Monday December 14, 1903
US date format: 12/14/1903, UK date format: 14/12/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 14, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Walter Rangeley and Ella Baker.
The Magic Lantern, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 14, 1903?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- The Wright brothers make their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
- William Ennis: first cop to die in the electric chair.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 14, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bob Roberts - By the Sycamore Tree
- J.W. Myers - You're as Welcome as the Flowers in May
- Billy Murray - Up in a Cocoanut Tree
- George Alexander - Mighty Like a Rose