Friday 31 March 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Danel and Mick Ralphs.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 March 1944 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Pascal Danel: French pop singer, he scored a number 1 single hit, "La Plage aux Romantiques", in France and several European countries (1966), followed by another international success, "Kilimandjaro" (1967).
- Mick Ralphs: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mott the Hoople and Bad Company).
- Malcolm Roberts
- Tomohiro Nishikado
- Rod Allen [B Rodney Bainbridge]: Rock bassist / vocalist (Fortunes).
- Mineichi Koga: Admiral of Japanese fleet, dies.
- Hungary orders all Jews to wear yellow stars.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?