Saturday 4 March 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Womack in Cleveland and Anthony Ichiro Sanda.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1944 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Bobby Womack in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; R&B singer/guitarist ("Woman's Got to Have It").
- Anthony Ichiro Sanda: Japanese-American particle physicist.
- Michael ''Mick'' Wilson: drummer (Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich).
- Bobby Womack: American musician with the Womack Brothers, an R&B quartet.
- Andre Betta: .
- Glen Baxter: English cartoonist
- Harvey Postlethwaite: British engineer and racing car designer (Born 1944)
- Ulrich Roski: German singer-songwriter (d. 2003)
- Anthony Sanda: Japanese-American physicist and academic
- Len Walker: former English footballer and manager
- Greg Weld: American race car driver (d. 2008)
- 1st US bombing of Berlin
- Anti-Germany strikes in North Italy
- First US bombing of Berlin.
- World War II: After the success of Big Week, the USAAF begins a daylight bombing campaign of Berlin.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?