Monday 6 March 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Gilmore and Mary Wilson in Detroit.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1944 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- David Gilmore: Cambridge, England -- Guitarist (Pink Floyd).
- Mary Wilson in Detroit: Michigan, USA; vocalist (Supremes - "Where Did Our Love Go").
- Antonio Matalon: Italian homicide victim, killed by his wife Cristina along with their son, Paolo, and the dog, Zar, in August 2001, 13:30 in Milan.
- Kiri Te Kanawa: Australian opera soprano, known for repertoire ranging from opera to "West Side Story" to folk songs.
- Mary Wilson: American singer, the Primettes and Supremes with Diana Ross.
- Richard Corliss: American journalist and critic (d. 2015)
- David Hendry: English economist and academic
- Kiri Kanawa: New Zealand soprano and actress
- USAF begins daylight bombing of Berlin
- US Air Force begins daylight bombing of Berlin.
- WWII: Soviet Army planes attack Narva, Estonia, destroying almost the entire old town.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?