Sunday 5 March 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Badinter and Charly Grosskost.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 March 1944 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Elisabeth Badinter: French author, historian, and professor of Philosophy at the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris.
- Charly Grosskost: French racing cyclist, who in 1968 won the prologue time-trial of both the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France.
- Christine Fersen: French stage and film actress, studied at the Comedie Française from 1965, became a staff member in 1976.
- Peter Brandes: Danish painter and sculptor.
- Roy Gutman: American journalist, Pulitzer Prize winner.
- Paul Sands in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian/actor (SCTV, Story Theater, St. Elsewhere).
- Lucio Battisti: Italian singer (d. 1998).
- Max Jacob: French poet, painter, writer, and critic.
- World War II: The Red Army begins the Uman : Botosani Offensive in western Ukrainian SSR.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?