Tuesday 7 March 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ranulph Fiennes and Townes Van Zandt.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 March 1944 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Ranulph Fiennes: British explorer of the Antarctic, one of three men who were the second party to cross the continent and only a tenth to travel overland to the pole.
- Townes Van Zandt: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1997).
- Stanley Schmidt: American sci-fi author and editor of novels and short-stories.
- Didier Vandenbossche: French sommelier, the honorary president and co-founder (with Robert de Troy) of the 'Association des sommeliers de Lorraine.
- Zhiuli Shartava: Georgian politician and the Head of the Council of Ministers of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia (d. 1993).
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes: British soldier and explorer.
- Elton Gallegly: American politician (Representative-Republican-California).
- Japans begins offensive in Burma
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?