Thursday 16 March 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew S Tanenbaum and Rick Renick.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 March 1944 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Andrew S Tanenbaum: American Computer Science Professor, Author of MINIX OS.
- Rick Renick: American baseball player, a right-handed infielder and outfielder who played with the Minnesota Twins (1968–1972).
- John Kipkurgat: Kenyan runner.
- Andrew Tanenbaum: American computer scientist and academic.
- Vichy Internal minister Pucheu sentenced to death.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ella Fitzgerald & Ink Spots - Cow-Cow Boogie
- San Fernando Valley - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?