Monday 27 March 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Enrique Crespo and Bryan Campbell.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1944 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Enrique Crespo: Spanish economist lawyer and politician 16th President of the European Parliament.
- Bryan Campbell: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Miguel Enríquez: Chilean physician and politician (d. 1974).
- Judi Garman: American-Canadian softball player and coach.
- Khosrow Shakibai: Iranian actor (Born 1944).
- Bebu Silvetti: Argentine pianist and composer (d. 2003)
- Ann Sidney: English actress TV Host and 1964 Miss World
- Lydia Yu-Jose: Filipino political scientist and academic (d. 2014)
- Lorenzo Zambrano: Mexican businessman and philanthropist (d. 2014)
- 40 Jewish policemen in Riga, Latvia ghetto are shot by the Gestapo.
- 2,000 Jews are murdered in Kaunas, Lithuania.
- 1,000 Jews leave Drancy, France for Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?