Wednesday 17 November 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Gibb and Jean Starobinski.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by Clarence L. Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1920 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbara Gibb: British-American noted family, wife of Hugh Gibbs for many years.
- Jean Starobinski
- Camillo Felgen: Luxembourgish singer, lyricist and entertainer (Born 1920).
- Gemini Ganesan: Indian actor and director (d. 2002).
- The council of the League of Nations accepts the constitution for the Free City of Danzig.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dardanella Blues - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- The Girls of My Dreams - John Steel
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Charles Harrison
- The Japanese Sandman - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?