Wednesday 17 November 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Gibb and Jean Starobinski.
Anna Boleyn, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1920 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbara Gibb: British-American noted family, wife of Hugh Gibbs for many years.
- Jean Starobinski
- Camillo Felgen: Luxembourgish singer, lyricist and entertainer (Born 1920).
- Gemini Ganesan: Indian actor and director (d. 2002).
- The council of the League of Nations accepts the constitution for the Free City of Danzig.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Cuban Moon - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Save a Little Dram for Me - Bert Williams
- I'd Love to Fall Asleep and Wake up in My Mammy's Arms - Peerless Quartet
- My Little Bimbo Down on the Bimbo Isle - Frank Crumit