Thursday 31 May 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bart van Poppel and Regina Brett.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Proud Ones, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scaramouche.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1956 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Regina Brett: Journalist.
- Bart van Poppel: Dutch bassist / guitarist / singer (Tambourine).
- Yoshiko Sakakibara: Chiba, Japan -- Actress (Sailor Moon, Vampire Hunter).
- Fritz Hilpert: German musician and sound engineer (Kraftwerk).
- John Young: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Qango and Strawbs).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?