April 1903 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in April 1903.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on April 1903: find out below
Which were the important events of April 1903?
- 06 Apr 1903 General railroad strike against "worgwetten" (anti-strike laws).
- 07 Apr 1903 Fredrikstad Football Club (FFK) is founded in Norway.
- 14 Apr 1903 Dr Harry Plotz discovers vaccine against typhoid (New York City, New York).
- 20 Apr 1903 7th Boston Marathon won by John Lorden of Massachusetts in 2:41:29.8.
- 22 Apr 1903 New York Highlanders (Yankees) 1st game, Senators win 3-1 before 11,950
- 23 Apr 1903 New York Highlanders (New York Yankees) win their first game beating Washington Senators 7-2.
- 29 Apr 1903 Limestone slides at Turtle Mountain kills 9 (Frank Alberta).
- 30 Apr 1903 New York Highlanders (New York Yankees) first home game, (Hilltop Park-168th Steet and Broadway, Manhattan), they beat Washington Senators, 6-2.
American diplomat (Born 1903).
Actor (Wagon Train), dies of heart...
- See more
Which were the top hits in April 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Byron G. Harlan - There's No Place Like Home
- Billy Murray - Tessie (You are the Only, Only)
- Harry Macdonough & John Bieling - In the Sweet Bye and Bye
- Harry Macdonough - Two Eyes of Blue