Monday 6 April 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Danielle and Mickey Cochrane.
while Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1903!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1903 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Antonio Danielle: Italy Scientist.
- Mickey Cochrane: American baseball player and manager (d. 1962).
- Harold Edgerton: American engineer and academic (d. 1990).
- General railroad strike against "worgwetten" (anti-strike laws).
- The Kishinev pogrom in Kishinev (Bessarabia) begins, forcing tens of thousands of Jews to later seek refuge in Israel and the Western world.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?