Wednesday April 29, 1903
US date format: 4/29/1903, UK date format: 29/4/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 29, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Frank Parker New York City and Simone Cerisier.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 29, 1903?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- See more
- Limestone slides at Turtle Mountain kills 9 (Frank Alberta).
- Paul du Chaillu: French explorer (Born 1835).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 29, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Two Eyes of Blue