Thursday April 23, 1903
US date format: 4/23/1903, UK date format: 23/4/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Guy Simonds .
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 23, 1903?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- See more
- New York Highlanders (New York Yankees) win their first game beating Washington Senators 7-2.
- Guy Simonds: youngest general officer in the Canadian...
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 23, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - Tessie (You are the Only, Only)
- Harry Macdonough & John Bieling - In the Sweet Bye and Bye