Thursday 23 April 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Simonds .
König Georg in Freiberg am 7.5.1903, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1903!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1903 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Guy Simonds: youngest general officer in the Canadian army (d. 1974).
- New York Highlanders (New York Yankees) win their first game beating Washington Senators 7-2.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Sweet Bye and Bye - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling
- Tessie (You are the Only, Only) - Billy Murray