May 1903 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in May 1903.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on May 1903: find out below
Which were the important events of May 1903?
- 02 May 1903 29th Kentucky Derby: Hal Booker aboard Judge Himes wins in 2:09.
- 04 May 1903 The leading Macedonian Bulgarian revolutionary Gotse Delchev is killed in a skirmish with the Turkish army.
- 06 May 1903 Chicago White Sox commit 12 errors against Detroit Tigers.
- 14 May 1903 President Theodore Roosevelt visits San Francisco.
- 15 May 1903 US Treasury Department purchases 250,000 ounces of silver for the San Francisco Mint.
- 16 May 1903 George Wyman makes 1st motorcycle trip across the US
- 17 May 1903 Cleveland Indians beat the New York Highlanders 9-2 in Columbus Ohio
- 18 May 1903 The port of Burgas, Bulgaria opens.
- 22 May 1903 Launch of the White Star Liner, SS Ionic.
- 24 May 1903 The Paris-Madrid race begins, during which at least eight people are killed.
- 26 May 1903 Start of Sherlock Holmes Adventure of 3 Gables (BG)
- 27 May 1903 37th Belmont Stakes: John Bullman aboard Africander wins in 2:21.75.
- 29 May 1903 May coup d'etat: Alexander Obrenovich, King of Serbia, and Queen Draga, are assassinated in Belgrade by the Black Hand (Crna Ruka) organization.
- 30 May 1903 28th Preakness: W Gannon aboard Flocarline wins in 1:44.8.
French actor and mime comedian with a...
American singer who was a world famed...
English entertainer and comedian, a...
- See more
Which were the top hits in May 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Two Eyes of Blue
- Harry Macdonough - Heidelberg
- J.W. Myers - Dear Old Girl
- Harry Macdonough - Since I first Met You
- J.W. Myers - If I But Knew