Sunday 24 May 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aram Katchaturian Armenian composer and Hilding Hallnas.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Siegmund Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1903!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1903 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Aram Katchaturian Armenian composer: (Earth).
- Hilding Hallnas: composer.
- Milo Burcham: American aviator (d. 1944).
- The Paris-Madrid race begins, during which at least eight people are killed.