Friday May 15, 1903
US date format: 5/15/1903, UK date format: 15/5/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean Cavaillès and William MacTaggart.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 15, 1903?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- See more
- US Treasury Department purchases 250,000 ounces of silver for the San Francisco Mint.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 15, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Heidelberg
- J.W. Myers - Dear Old Girl