Sunday 17 May 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cool Papa Bell and Douglas Packard.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1903 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Cool Papa Bell: baseball player (d. 1991).
- Douglas Packard: British Lieutenant General.
- René Héron de Villefosse: French historian and museum curator, who died on 23 February 1985.
- Cool Bell: American baseball player and manager (d. 1991).
- Cleveland Indians beat the New York Highlanders 9-2 in Columbus Ohio
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Girl - J.W. Myers
- Heidelberg - Harry Macdonough