Sunday May 17, 1903
US date format: 5/17/1903, UK date format: 17/5/1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 17, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cool Papa Bell and Douglas Packard.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 17, 1903?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- See more
- Cleveland Indians beat the New York Highlanders 9-2 in Columbus Ohio
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 17, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Heidelberg
- J.W. Myers - Dear Old Girl