Monday 1 April 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chase Me Charlie, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1918 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Maurice Pasquie: Castelsarrasin physician.
- Karl Fritjof Valentin composer: dies at age 64.
- The Royal Air Force is created by the merger of the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service.
- The Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service are merged to form the Royal Air Force.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dark Town Strutters' Ball - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Sweet Little Buttercup - Elizabeth Spencer & Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?