Tuesday 23 April 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Let's Get a Divorce, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1918 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Maurice Druon: French novelist.
- Andre Maelbrancke: Belgium sport Champion.
- Anthony Craxton: British TV producer.
- Herbert Hoover: Canton EXecutives.
- Maurice Druon [Kessel]: French writer / journalist (Prix Goncourt).
- Percy Thomson Dean Lieutenant-commander: killed at Zeebrugge, dies.
- National Urban League forms.
- Battle of Zeebrugge ends.
- Dover Patrol overthrows Germany U-boat in East Sea.
- The Pittman Silver Coinage Act is approved, mandating the melting of up to 350 million silver dollar coins.
- World War I: The British Royal Navy makes a raid in an attempt to neutralise the Belgian port of Bruges-Zeebrugge.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?