Wednesday 17 April 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Trap, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1918 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- William Holden: American actor and Academy Award winner, well known from the time of his debut film, "Golden Boy," in 1939.
- Anne Shirley United Kingdom: actress (Devil and Daniel Webster, Stella Dallas).
- William Holden [Franklin Beedle Jr] O'Fallon Illinois actor (Stalag 17: Bridge Over the River Kwai, SOB).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Indianola - Prince's Orchestra
- Hello, My Dearie - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 April 1918 and get them!