Thursday 1 February 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1917 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Robert Lancon: St Trivier/Moignans physician.
- James Garrett: American astrologer, teacher and writer; co-author with his wife Helen J. Garrett of the books listed under her name.
- A Hangal: Indian actor (d. 2012).
- José Sampedro: Spanish economist and author (d. 2013).
- Eiji Sawamura: Japanese baseball player and soldier (d. 1944).
- Tor Aspengren: Norwegian labourer, trade unionist, and politician of the Labour Party. He headed the Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions from 1969 to 1977.
- Admiral Tirpitz announces unlimited submarine war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- O'Brien is Tryin' to Learn to Talk Hawaiian - Horace Wright
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?