Monday 1 January 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1917 ?
- Jule Charney: San Francisco Scientist.
- Jules Charney: American scientist, a meteorologist and oceanographer cited as a leading pioneer in weather prediction.
- Albert Mol: Dutch actor (d. 2004).
- Jule Gregory Charney: American meteorologist (d. 1981).
- The University of Oregon defeats The University of Pennsylvania 14–0 in college football's 3rd Annual Rose Bowl.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture, Part 1 - Regimental Band of H.M. Grenadier Guards
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 January 1917 and get them!