Tuesday 28 April 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
The Horror of Party Beach, directed by Del Tenney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1964 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Barry Larkin in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; shortstop (Cincinnati Reds).
- Noriyuki Iwadare: Japanese composer.
- Ajay Kakkar: Baron Kakkar English surgeon and academic.
- Barry Larkin: American baseball player manager and sportscaster.
- L'Wren Scott: American model and fashion designer (d. 2014).
- Helen Taylor: British royalty, a first cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II. She is a great-granddaughter of King George V and is in the line of succession to the British throne.
- Mark Hager: Australian field hockey forward / Captain (1988, 96 Olympics - 4th Place)
- Rolf de Mare: Swedish art collector (Born 1888).
- Japan joins OECO.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?