Tuesday 2 August 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gertruida EW "Truss" van Aalten and Lawrence Josset.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1910 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Gertruida EW "Truss" van Aalten: Actress (Girl in Blue Hat).
- Lawrence Josset: Engraver.
- Lou Zara: NYC, New York -- Writer (Stump the authors).
- Gilberte Chazottes: Argentine-French noted family member, the wife of French aviator Jean Mermoz (1901-1936).
- Roger MacDougall: Scottish director playwright and screenwriter (d. 1993).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1910
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- What's the Matter with Father? - Billy Murray
- That Lovin' Rag - Sophie Tucker
- He's a College Boy - American Quartet
- Dill Pickles Rag - Arthur Pryor's Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?