Monday 29 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1910 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Tom Anderson: Scottish renowned fiddler and composer of over 500 tunes, mostly of the Shetland fiddling style.
- Mary Kennedy: American astrologer, joined AFA in December 1963.
- Vivien Thomas: American surgeon and academic (d. 1985).
- Robert Pineda-Duque: Composer.
- René Billeres: Ger prés Lourdes Politician.
- Japan changes Korea's name to Chosen and appoints a governor-general to rule its new colony.
- Emperor Sunjong of the Korean Empire abdicates and the country's monarchy is abolished.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Overture 1812
- Two Gentlemen from Ireland - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?