Monday 29 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Pineda-Duque and Tom Anderson.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1910 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Robert Pineda-Duque: Composer.
- Tom Anderson: Scottish renowned fiddler and composer of over 500 tunes, mostly of the Shetland fiddling style.
- Mary Kennedy: American astrologer, joined AFA in December 1963.
- René Billeres: Ger prés Lourdes Politician.
- Vivien Thomas: American surgeon and academic (d. 1985).
- Japan changes Korea's name to Chosen and appoints a governor-general to rule its new colony.
- Emperor Sunjong of the Korean Empire abdicates and the country's monarchy is abolished.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Overture 1812
- Two Gentlemen from Ireland - Billy Murray & Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?