Wednesday 2 August 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathryn Harrold in Tarzewell and Mathieu Carriere.
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1950 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Kathryn Harrold in Tarzewell: Virginia, USA; actress (MacGruder and Loud).
- Mathieu Carriere: Hanover, Germany -- Actor (Bay Boy, Woman in Flames).
- Lance Ito: American bearded and bespectacled Japanese-American jurist who gained massive media attention as the presiding judge on the O.J.
- Jussi Adler-Olsen: Danish author and publisher.
- Kathryn Harrold: American actress.
- Sue Rodriguez: Canadian assisted suicide advocate (Born 1950)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Play a Simple Melody - Gary Crosby & Friend (Bing Crosby)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?