Monday 2 January 1905
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Kemp Tippett and Luigi Zampa.
Accident d'automobile, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1905.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1905!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1905 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Michael Kemp Tippett: English composer / conductor (Child of our Time).
- Luigi Zampa: Italian film director whose work includes "Vivere in Pace" in 1946.
- Jainendra Kumar: Indian author and translator (d. 1988).
- Lev Schnirelmann: Russian mathematician and academic (d. 1938).
- Michael Tippett: English composer and conductor (d. 1998).
- Russo-Japanese War: The Russian garrison surrenders at Port Arthur, China
- Japanese troops capture Port Arthur.
- Elara, a satellite of Jupiter, discovered by Perrine.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?