Wednesday 2 January 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1935 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- David McKee: English author and illustrator.
- Lolo Soetoro: Indonesian geographer and academic (d. 1987).
- Jocelyn Delecour: French field and track champion, an Olympic running who ran the 4 X 100 m. relay at Tokyo 1964 and Mexico City 1968.
- Giovanna Ralli: Italian actress who made her debut at age seven and moved into roles playing aggressive juveniles.
- Bruno R Hauptmann trial begins for kidnap-murder of Lindbergh baby
- Bruno Hauptmann goes on trial for the murder of Charles Lindbergh, Jr., infant son of aviator Charles Lindbergh
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1935 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?