Thursday 2 January 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1964 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Luis d'Antin: Spanish motorcycle racer.
- Michael McCann: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- Christopher John: Gray; priest.
- Pernell Whitaker: boxer (Olympics-gold).
- Failed assassination attempt on President Nkrumah of Ghana.
- Ayub Khan elected President of Pakistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Martha and the Vandellas - Quicksand
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?