Friday 2 December 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Sundowners, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1960 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Rick Savage: Bassist.
- Nicholas Dingley alias Razzle: British drummer (Hanoi Rocks) (d. 1984).
- Razzle : English musician and drummer (Hanoi Rocks) (Born 1960).
- Justus von Dohnányi: German actor director and screenwriter.
- Rick Savage bass player (Def Leppard - "Hysteria": "Rock of Ages").
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Jackie Wilson - Alone At Last
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 December 1960 and get them!