Tuesday 3 April 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Esmeralda Gonzales and Gregoire.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching J.J. de Bom voorheen: 'De kindervriend'.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Guerilla or Galaxian.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1979 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Esmeralda Gonzales: Miss Wyoming Teen-USA (1997).
- Gregoire: French singer-songwriter.
- Leandro Vieira: Brazilian footballer.
- Zoumana Camara: French professional footballer (soccer player) who plays for Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
- Grégoire : French composer, singer, and songwriter.
- Simon Black: Australian footballer and coach
- Jane M Byrne (D), elected 1st woman Mayor of Chicago, Illinois
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Frank Mills - Music Box Dancer
- Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Blondie - Heart Of Glass
- Little River Band - Lady
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?