Saturday 14 April 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Dawn of the Dead, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1979 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Rebecca DiPietro: American wrestler and model.
- Marios Elia: Greek-Cypriot footballer.
- Ross Filipo: New Zealand rugby player.
- Girado : Filipino singer and actor.
- Noé Pamarot: French footballer.
- Patrick Somerville: American novelist and short story writer
- Kerem Tunçeri: Turkish basketball player
- Noe Pamarot: French footballer
- Susan Horvath, of Pennsylvania, crowned America's Young Woman of the Year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 April 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?