Monday 16 April 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dawn Langstroth and Christijan Albers.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Knock On Wood by Amii Stewart.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Dawn of the Dead, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Good As Gold by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Turtle's Progress.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABPA Backgammon or Barrier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1979 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Dawn Langstroth: Canadian singer/songwriter and painter.
- Christijan Albers: Dutch Formula One driver.
- Lars Börgeling: German pole vaulter.
- Daniel Browne: New Zealand rugby player.
- Sean Costello: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2008).
- Sixto Peralta: Argentinian-English footballer
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Sam Shepard for Buried child
- 83rd Boston Marathon won by Bill Rodgers of Massachusetts in 2:09:27.
- Failed Palestinian attack on Zaventem Airport in Belgium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?