Saturday 21 April 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Knock On Wood by Amii Stewart.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Good As Gold by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1979 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- James McAvoy: Scottish actor, best known for his roles in "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", "Wanted", "The Last King of Scotland", "Atonement", and as Professor Charles Xavier in "X-Men: First Class".
- Édouard Fillias: French classical liberal activist of Spanish origin.
- Cindy Kurleto: Austrian-Filipino model and actress.
- Tobias Linderoth: French-Swedish footballer and coach.
- Carmelina closes at St. James Theater NYC after 17 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 April 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?