Monday 9 April 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keshia Knight Pulliam in Newark and Keshia Pulliam.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highcliffe Manor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armor Battle or Head On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1979 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam in Newark: New Jersey; actress (Rudy - Crosby).
- Keshia Pulliam: American child actress who was noted for the role of Rudy on the top-rated TV series "The Bill Cosby Show.
- Peter Luccin: French professional footballer who plays for FC Dallas in Major League Soccer as a defensive midfielder.
- Katsuni : French porn actress and director.
- Billy Brandt: American porn actor.
- Albina Dzhanabaeva: Russian singer and actress (Nu Virgos)
- Albert Hammond: Jr. American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Strokes)
- Keith Nobbs: American actor
- Jeff Reed: American football player
- Mark Ruiz: Puerto Rican diver
- Ben Silverstone: English actor and lawyer
- Staats Cotsworth: Dies at 71.
- 51st Academy Awards - The Deer Hunter, Jon Voight and Jane Fonda win. Walter Lantz is given an honorary Oscar for his animated motion pictures.
- Longest doubles ping-pong match of 101 hrs, begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?