Friday 3 October 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1947 ?
- John Barlow: American poet songwriter blogger and activist.
- Ben Cauley: American trumpet player and songwriter (The Bar-Kays) (d. 2015).
- Fred DeLuca: American businessman co-founded Subway (d. 2015).
- Anne Dorte: Anne Dorte of Rosenborg (d. 2014).
- Takis Michalos: Greek water polo player and coach (d. 2010).
- Michele Profeta: Italian suspected serial killer, arrested in Padua 2/16/2001, though proclaiming his innocence. He did not know his victims as his plan was to kill people at random to set up a series of blackmail attempts. On 1/29/2001, he killed a taxi driver and on 2/10/2001, he killed a real estate agent. He was captured 2/15/2001 and on 5/23/2002, found guilty of two homicides and sentenced to life.
- 7th Earl of Bradford: English large landowner / multi-millionaire
- Under the Counter opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 27 performances
- WMAL (now WJLA) TV channel 7 in Washington, DC (ABC) begins
- First telescope lens 200 inches (508cm) in diameter completed.
- With only one out to go, New York Yankees pitcher Floyd Beven gives up a double breaking his world series no-hit bid; it scored two runs and he lost the game (World Series #44).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?