Thursday 4 April 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1963 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Jane McDonald: British singer who served her apprenticeship by singing on cruise ships before the BBC discovered her talent.
- David Gavurin: English pop guitarist / composer (Sundays, Blind).
- A Baldwin: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Jack Del Rio: American football player and coach.
- Dale Hawerchuk: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Béla Anda: German journalist and government official.
- Graham Norton: British gay entertainer, television host of shows like "So, Graham Norton." Although he started out to be an actor, he realized that his talent was in comedy. Since the late 1990s he has performed in a number of comedic sketches and has hosted a number of shows for BBC and other networks.
- Anthony Clark: comedian (Boyd Pritchett-Boston Common).
- Dale Hawerchuk in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Philadelphia Flyers).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- The Orlons - South Street
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?