Sunday 7 April 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Michael Robinson and Bernard Lama.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1963 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Paul Michael Robinson: American actor and erotic actor.
- Bernard Lama: French guianese football player, international goalkeeper born in Tours (district of Saint-Symphorien).
- Jaime Marichalar: Spanish banker with the Credit Suisse in Paris.
- Jaime de Marichalar: Spanish husband of Infanta Elena Duchess of Lugo.
- Nick Herbert: English businessman and politician Minister for Policing.
- 27th Golf Masters Championship: Jack Nicklaus wins, shooting a 286.
- Public stock offering of 115,000 shares in Milwaukee Braves withdrawn after only 13,000 shares are sold to 1,600 new investors.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- The Orlons - South Street
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Roy Orbison - In Dreams
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?