Friday 12 April 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1963 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Lydia Cacho: Mexican journalist and author.
- Beatles From Me to You is released in the UK
- Birmingham, Alabama, police use dogs and cattle prods on peaceful demonstrators.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- The Orlons - South Street
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 April 1963 and get them!