It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Idiot, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of Saturday, 20 April 1963 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous People born
- Sophie closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 8 performances
: Heavy metal rocker
Brett Edward Garsed in Victoria
: Australia; heavy metal artist (Nelson).
Aubrey de Grey
: British biomedical gerontologist
: Brazilian racing driver
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Sports Illustrated: no.7815
Esquire Magazine cover
Playboy Magazine cover
TIME Magazine Cover: Lester B. Pearson -- Apr. 19, 1963
The Shoes of the Fisherman - Morris L. West
The Group - Mary McCarth
Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and Seymour-An Introduction - J.D. Salinger
Caravans - James A. Michener
Charlie Byrd Gibson Classic Electric Guitar (1963)
Fin n Feather Farm Milk Pail Restaurant Wausau (1963)
Surety Rubber Bright Color Household Gloves 2-P (1963)
Tell the world why Saturday, 20 April 1963 is such a special date for you!