It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Idiot, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Saturday, 20 April 1963 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
Famous People born
- Sophie closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 8 performances
- In Quebec, Canada, members of the terrorist group Front de libération du Québec, bomb a Canadian Army recruitment center, killing night watchman Wilfred V. O'Neill.
: Heavy metal rocker
Brett Edward Garsed in Victoria
: Australia; heavy metal artist (Nelson).
Aubrey de Grey
: British biomedical gerontologist
: Brazilian racing driver
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1963 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters
The author writes: The two long pieces in this book originally came out in The New Yorker ? RAISE HIGH THE ROOF BEAM, CARPENTERS in 1955, SEYMOUR ? [...]
by Eugene Burdick and Harvey Wheeler
Something has gone wrong. A group of American bombers armed with nuclear weapons is streaking past the fail-safe point, beyond recall, and no one knows why. [...]
Grandmother And The Priests
by Taylor Caldwell
Grandmother and the Priests is a powerful tribute to the memory of all God's servants, the hard-working clergy who dedicate their lives to helping others. [...]
Tell the world why Saturday, 20 April 1963 is such a special date for you!