Sunday 4 December 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
El, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1955 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Cassandra Wilson: American jazz musician, vocalist, songwriter, and producer, who incorporated blues, country, and folk music into her work.
- Philip Hammond: English businessman and politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
- Dave Taylor: Canadian-American ice hockey player and manager.
- Brian Prout in Troy: New York, USA; singer (Diamond Rio - "Meet in the Middle").
- Jozsef Galamb: Hungarian mechanical engineer (Born 1881).
- Mgr Alfrink installed as Archbishop of Utrecht
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1955 and get them!