Monday 5 May 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Born Reckless, directed by Andrew Bennison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1930 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Guy De The: Marseille physician.
- Alain-Jacques Meyer: St-Mand? physician.
- Hans Abramson: Swedish director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Will Hutchins: American actor.
- Michael James: Adams; US Air Force pilot (X-15).
- Richard Schaal in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Leo - Phyllis, Trapper John MD).
- 1st woman to fly solo from Engl to Australia takes-off (Amy Johnson)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?