Saturday 10 May 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include June Knox-Mawer and Scott Muni.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1930 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- June Knox-Mawer: British radio host / Novelist (World of Islands).
- Scott Muni: American radio DJ (d. 2004).
- Paul Bergeot: French businessman, head of Besserat de Bellefon champagne house.
- Antonio Cifariello: Italian actor and documentarist, who started his career in 1950 as the lead actor, credited as Fabio Montale, in "La sposa che vestiva di bianco," a film which had several production issues and that was released only in 1953.
- Guy Nosbaum: French rower who competed in the 1952 Summer Olympics and in the 1960 Summer Olympics.
- Fernand Picot: French cyclist, professional from 1953 to 1965. He won the Grand Prix de Plouay twice and participated in eight consecutive Tours de France.
- Claude-Marie Trémois: French film critic. She is the author of "Les enfants de la liberte: Le jeune cinema francais des annees 90" and the editor of Télérama, a weekly French TV magazine.
- Jacques Navarre: France sport Champion
- George Smith: American physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate
- 1st US planetarium opens (Adler-Chicago)
- Clarrie Grimmett takes 10 for 37 versus Yorkshire in cricket at Sheffield.
- First US planetarium opens (Adler-Chicago).
- The National Pan-Hellenic Council is founded in Washington, D.C..
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?