Friday 16 May 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1930 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Friedrich Gulda: Austrian pianist and composer (d. 2000).
- Don Conicannon: Government minister.
- David Maxwell: American executive and CEO in charge of Federal National Mortgage Association.
- Betty Carter: American jazz singer (d. 1998).
- Desmond Langley: Governor (Bermuda).
- Daniel Gonzague: French designer and engraver of postage stamps.
- 6th Walker Cup: US 10-Great Britain/Ireland 2.
- Rafael Leónidas Trujillo is elected president of the Dominican Republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?