Friday 16 May 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Conicannon and Betty Carter.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1930 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Don Conicannon: Government minister.
- Betty Carter: American jazz singer (d. 1998).
- Desmond Langley: Governor (Bermuda).
- Daniel Gonzague: French designer and engraver of postage stamps.
- David Maxwell: American executive and CEO in charge of Federal National Mortgage Association.
- Friedrich Gulda: Austrian pianist and composer (d. 2000)
- 6th Walker Cup: US 10-Great Britain/Ireland 2.
- Rafael Leónidas Trujillo is elected president of the Dominican Republic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?