Sunday 6 February 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellsworth Milburn and James Dumont.
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1938 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Ellsworth Milburn: Composer.
- James Dumont: American astrologer; AFA member.
- Frederick Gerstell: American executive and CEO of Calmat, an aggregate concrete and asphalt company.
- Fred Mifflin: Canadian admiral and politician 19th Minister of Veterans Affairs.
- Marianne V von Werefkin: Russian/German/Swiss house painter, dies at age 77.
- Black Sunday at Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia: 300 swimmers are dragged out to sea in 3 freak waves 80 lifesavers save all but 5.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 February 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?