Thursday 24 February 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Child Bride, directed by Harry J. Revier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1938 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Phil Knight: American sportswear manufacturer.
- James Farentino: American actor (d. 2012).
- James Farentino in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Dead and Buried, Final Countdown).
- Kathleen Margaret Richardson: Baroness Richardson of Calow, British Baroness and Methodist reverend.
- Kathleen Richardson: president (Methodist Conference).
- Du Pont begins commercial production of nylon toothbrush bristles.
- A nylon bristle toothbrush becomes the first commercial product to be made with nylon yarn.
- March ndash Italian mathematician Ettore Majorana disappears.
- The Santa Ana River in California spills over its banks during a rainy winter, killing 58 people in Orange County and causing trouble as far inland as Palm Springs.
- Oil is discovered in Saudi Arabia.
- Sir Nevile Henderson, British Ambassador to Germany, presents a proposal to Hitler for an international consortium to rule much of Africa (in which Germany would be assigned a leading role) in exchange for a German promise never to resort to war to change her frontiers Hitler rejects the British offer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?