Sunday 20 February 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1938 ?
- Andre Chorda: France sport Champion.
- Mona Mitchell: Lady-in-Waiting to Princess Alexandra.
- Jack Bicknell: WLAF head coach (Barcelona Dragons).
- Richard Beymer: American actor director and cinematographer.
- Wiley Hilburn: American journalist and academic (d. 2014).
- Inge Lønning: Norwegian theologian educator and politician (d. 2013)
- UK Foreign Secretary Eden resigns, says Prime Minister Chamberlain appeased Germany
- Sir Anthony Eden resigns as British Foreign Secretary following major disagreements with Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain over the best policy to follow in regards to Italy, and is succeeded by Lord Halifax.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?