Thursday 6 January 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1938 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Adrienne Clarke: Australian botanist and politician.
- Mario Cobos: Argentinian philosopher and author (d. 2010).
- William Connolly: American political scientist theorist and academic.
- Élizabeth Teissier: French astrologer, who came to international attention when her 900-page thesis on astrology was accepted by the Sorbonne's doctoral program in sociology.
- Mario Rodriguez Cobos: Argentine writer and spiritual leader.
- Adriano Celentano: Italian pop singer, actor, director, producer.
- Bronze memorial statue of Henry Hudson erected in the Bronx.
- US Mint Chief Engraver Gilroy Roberts resigns, to begin work as engraver at Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?