Tuesday 22 February 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1938 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Robert Christophe: French swimmer who competed in the 1956 Summer Olympics, in the 1960 Summer Olympics, and in the 1964 Summer Olympics.
- Pierre Vallieres: Canadian politician (d. 1995).
- Bobby Hendricks: American soul vocalist ("Itchy Twitchy Feeling").
- Steve Barber: American baseball pitcher (Born 1938).
- Barry Dennen: American actor and singer.
- Ishmael Reed: United States -- Author (Last Days of Louisiana Red)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?